Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Must Love Dogs

For the past year, we've noticed that Avery has an obsession with animals. Animals and bugs and reptiles of any kind. Grasshopper & frog catching has been a summer tradition 2 years running now. Snakes, worms, butterflies, caterpillars, dogs, cats, bunnies, lizards, hamsters, even my Papa's cows. She loves them all. She has even been telling us for the past year that she is going to be a "little" veterinarian when she grows up. That means that she is going to take care of "little animals, like dogs & cats," "not big animals like cows & horses."

On Saturday we went down to the Dakota Memorial Dog Park Dedication. The VPD were there to show their support and since my aunt and her son were in town with their German Sheppard, we decided to go. Shortly after arriving, Avery found the tiniest little dog there and wouldn't leave his side. She was addicted. The owner even told Brian that she was planning on finding him a new home and that we could have him for free. Ah, no thanks. After a half second of consideration, I snapped myself out of it. I am so not ready for another pet. But Avery absolutely loved this little dog, so we got some cute pictures.





Everyone thought that Franny was Brian's K-9. It was pretty funny!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh, come on. Charly could have used a friend. . .or someone new to bark at! If I had to get pressured into adopting a dog, so should you! Just kidding. He was very cute though, and Avery looked thrilled to be holding him.

Anonymous said...

Hi V! I must admit I have been a "lurker" as you put it.lol! I think it's neat what your doing. It helps alot to ponder and document our days in some way. This is great!
The kids are growing so much!
I love how Avery scruncehes her nose like you do when she smiles real big! so cute.
Keep up the beautiful page! ~Jen

rachellethebelle said...

How cute! Avery looks so cute with the doggy. I do understand too many pets. My three girls now have guinea pigs, cat, dog, fish, and a lizard. No more for us too. The house pictures look awesome too. Thanks for keeping me in the loop all these years. Don't be a stranger when you come to the academy I am still in the old Police Corps office, in one of the actual offices in there too.

Take care!
Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Avery's career ambitions being formed! :) She looks pretty capable with that puppy! Looks like you guys are doing great -- it's so much fun to watch your kids grow up (even if it is via the internet as opposed to real life!).

Oh -- I thought I'd share this link with you -- it's blog from one of my favorite bands, Mates of State, talking about the challenges of being on tour with two kids! Pretty cute, and I thought you might relate! The larger website, Babble is a neat site for "a new generation of parents".

xo
Alex

Chris, Amy, Lexi, and Alyssa said...

What a cute doggie! Probably a great idea to just let him be a friend from afar! Was Avery crushed?