Sunday, August 31, 2008
1st Gardening attempt!
When we moved into our house, there were already some raised flower/garden beds on the south side. We'll, the first summer, it was too late by the time we moved in in July. Last summer I was WAY pregnant and didn't even want to think about adding more vegitation, that needed watering, to our yard. So, this summer, we did it. We planted 2 tomato plants, 2 green pepper plants, one Anaheim pepper, and one artichoke. The results are in. The Anaheim peppers were awesome, I put them in homemade guacamole. The green peppers are good. I had to chop & freeze some there were so many. The tomatoes, WOW! There are so many of them and they taste SOOOO good. Avery still loves tomatoes, so we put them in salads, burritos, even just eat them plain! I think next year, we will add a few things to the mix!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YOur garden looks so much prettier than mine! You will have to let me know how the artichoke goes. Rob and Hannah love those things.
Awesome! Way to go! Welcome to the garden club. Our garden this year isn't as great as it has been in past years... I thank the weather for that one. But it looks like you have some good crops.
Try bush beans next year. Nothing beats fresh green beans with a little garlic pepper and butter.
Post a Comment