Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Mama, can I hold a duck?"

Yesterday the kids and I went to visit some friends and we all walked to a duck pond near their house. We took bread to feed the ducks and a big one actually took it right out of Avery's hands! That pretty much made her day. I swear, that girl loves animals (and bugs, and frogs and snakes). She says she is going to be a "little veterinarian" when she grows up. That means that she is going to be a doctor for dogs & cats, not cows & horses. Anyway, all she wanted to do while we were there was hold a duck. She kept trying to sneak up on them, but alas, they always ran away. She was so sad when we left.




After the pond, we hit the playground. It was nice letting the kids run around and getting to chat with a friend I don't get to see very often!

Pure concentration!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I have the
cutest, most interesting great-
grandchildren anyone ever had.
And your blog realy proves it.
Keep up this labor of love for
all of us out here in Computer-
Land. Love 'ya, Nana

sheila said...

Ducks totally freak me out! You have a brave girl there! I hope that her foot is doing okay!

mary said...

We had a ton of fun with you guys, let's do it again soon!!