Brian & I had a conversation years ago, if we could ever afford it, would we rather have a mountain cabin or a beach house. We'll, I can't remember what we decided back then, but these days.... a lake cabin would be just GREAT!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Mountain, Beach, or Lake House?
Last week I was asking my boss if he was going up to his lake cabin for the weekend. He said no, they had other plans, and offered it to us! We jumped at the chance for a free place to stay and grabbed our neighbors and took off on Friday afternoon. Lake Merwin is about an hour drive from our house. We stopped for Mexican food on the way and got there around 7:30. The kids ran around and collected "souvenirs" which were really long pine needles, while we unloaded the cars. Next it was time to dig up some firewood and make a camp fire. S'mores were enjoyed by all. After it got dark, we headed inside to put the kids to bed. Ha, like 3 little girls were going to go to sleep in a room together after tons of sugar! I think they fell asleep just after 11:00. The 4 of us played cards until 1AM.


Saturday morning Brian & Jenni made a pancake, bacon & egg breakfast and we headed to the lake at 10:30. We were all in the boat, speeding across the lake by 11:00 and at 11:05, the kids were in the water. Brian wake boarded for the first time in 2 years and the kids (and even Jenni) went tubing. Go here for better pictures.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love that all the things I left out of my post you have in yours. I should link to yours to get the rest of the story!
Post a Comment