So back to my big day. That Saturday morning, after a wonderful pancake breakfast made by Brian & Avery, Brian told me to go hop in the shower. He had a plan. About an hour later, he had the car & kids all packed up and ready to go. I still had no idea what was going on. We drove to my parents house where we dropped the kids off for the day and Brian took me shopping. We went to Bridgeport Village (a first for me) and the Streets of Tanasbourne (including Nordstrom Rack). It was so much fun to just shop for me, being able to hold my husbands hand and not a stroller, and enjoying a relaxing lunch at PF Changs. Thank you hunny! (and thanks to Nani & Popi for babysitting).
That afternoon we had to hurry home because the festivities were continuing into the evening. (Thanks to Nana & Grandpa for babysitting)! Around 6:00 we met 3 other couples down at Henry's 12th Street Tavern in Portland for dinner and billiards. We had a great meal & tons of fun. After Henry's we stopped by one other bar down the street and then to Beaches for dessert. It was a wonderful day!
Sunday we had the family over for a BBQ dinner that Brian did all the work on. I received some great gifts, my favorite, fondue for dessert and even a surprise cake that a friend of ours made.
New dishes from Mom & Dad!
I guess if I had to turn (gulp) 30, there would have been no better way.

2 comments:
30 has been great for me! It's just a number so what's important is that you feel great! Oh, the idea of shopping without pushing a stroller or chasing a toddler sounds like a dream far off in teh future! I'm glad that you had such a wonderful birthday, and I'm sorry that I couldn't give you the gift of Megan on your big day!
that cake is amazing and I am going to attempt to re-create it... ugh. wish me luck! I am already stressed just thinking about it.. and I have a dentist appt. to go to in 30 min... could life be anymore stressful?
Post a Comment