Sunday, May 18, 2008

A glimpse of summer

The past couple of weeks, we've had some really unbelievable weather. I think Avery has been in her swim suit 2 or 3 times, lots of Popsicles & Italian Ice has been eaten, and we seem to be getting a lot accomplished on our "to-do" list.

Things we can check off:

-clean the gutters/roof
-aerate & seed the lawn
-pull a million weeds
-pressure wash the deck, play structure and swing set
-re-stain the deck, play structure and swing set

Of course, Brian actually did most of these things, I "held down the fort" and helped from the sidelines. Holding the ladder counts as helping, right?

This weekend was especially hot (upper 90's & 80's) so the kids & I hung out with some friends today. Avery & her little friend, Kendall, had a blast in the pool. I'm sure Blake would have loved it, but he slept through the whole thing!


1 comment:

sheila said...

I loved the weather that we HAD been having. Now, we are back to the same ol' same ol'! I can't wait to see you guys!