Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hockinson Fun Days!

Even though Brian was out of town (training in Denver for 4 days), I really wanted to take the kids to the Hockinson Fun Days parade & carnival. All of our neighbors were going and telling us how much fun it always is, so I called up my friend Mary, and off we went. After a long drive trying to find a way in (they had all the roads blocked!) we finally found a parking place & a great spot to watch the parade. The weather was perfect and the kids loved it. We saw lots of animals (even a camel), lots of people and got thrown lots of candy! Even Blake was content just sitting on a blanket watching.

After the parade, we wanted to head down to the carnival. We couldn't leave our car where it was, so we had to drive to the middle school. Well, with the roads still blocked, that proved to be a very difficult feat. After another long drive, we finally made it. Everyone was hot & hungry, but we had a great time. Bounce houses, obstacle courses, a petting zoo, and a hot dog later, we headed home.

Click her for more photos


Long naps for the kids and sun tanning for me followed! And 15 minutes later... welcome home Brian! We missed you.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

We did the opposite end of the day with the Fireman's breakfast and then the parade, so we missed most of the fair booths and activities. Reading about them I kinda wished we had stayed a little longer. My girls really wanted to but Rob and I were conviced we had "things" to get done. I am not sure we accomplished much though!