Thursday, September 3, 2009

Catching up

So I just realized that I neglected to blog about two other fun things we did in the month of August. The Clark County Fair and the Long Beach Kite Festival!

Brian had K9 demos all week long at the fair, so on his last one, I decided to go ahead and take the kids to watch and then enjoy some "fair" time. Now please understand, I AM NOT a fair lover. Fairs are dirty, expensive, crowded, expensive, creepy and expensive. You get the picture! However, I didn't want my aversion to spoil the kids' fun, so I sucked it up.

Our dare devil daughter loved all the rides and wanted to go on the big roller coaster, but, we stuck to the smaller stuff and Brian took her on the ferris wheel, which she absolutely LOVED! She said, "dadda, we're on top of the world!" Blake also did really well, just chillin' in his stroller and running around a little bit. No rides for that boy yet, but he liked the corn dogs & elephant ears!






The Thursday before Brian and I went to Bellevue with our friends, we took the kids to Mom & Dad's beach house in Long Beach for the annual Kite Festival. Avery has gone every year since she was one and loves looking at all the kites. We had great weather and tons of fun with Nani & Popi.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

We used to go to the kite festival every year when I was a kid too and I loved it! I don't know why we haven't ever taken the kids, I just never think about it until it's over. We actually got away with skipping the fair this year knowing we were going to be doing plenty-o-rides at the end of September!