What have we been up to???
The first part of March I decided to try jogging/running. I've never thought that I liked running, but it's beginning to grow on me. It all started when a friend of mine invited me to the 1st Annual Fort Vancouver Run. Right about that same time, a co-worker of mine decided that she was going to try running too. We decided to run together a few times a week and to sign up for the 5k event at the run. On March 29th, I finished my first 5k (that's 3.1 miles) in 35 minutes & 36 seconds. I was 11th out of 35 for my age division and 43rd out of 151 in the women's division. It was really fun and I've been running 3-4 days a week ever since! Our next goal is a 10k in June.
We also went to a parent/teacher conference in March for Avery's preschool. Her teacher says that she is doing really well in her academic, as well as social, skills. She has made some friends and is always really excited to tell us about her day and show us her school work on Wednesdays.
Avery also started playing spring soccer a few weeks ago. (sorry, no pictures yet). The first practice, she loved it. The second practice, she cried 90% of the time. She's so funny, you're never quite sure what you're gonna get with that girl. We have had 2 games so far. Avery scored 3 goals last Saturday. We couldn't be more proud! Pictures to follow soon, I promise!
Blake is becoming quite the big boy lately. He is talking SO SO much and just being a "2 year old". Tantrums & all! We got his pictures taken at Flash last night. You can go here to see them. Type in our last name, and the password is "Blake".
Brian has been doing really well at work lately. He & his "partner" have had a few captures in the past month. Pretty exciting for him! He also has a couple of trips planned in the near future. A bachelor party in Seattle that includes a Mariner Game and a chauffeured van for the evening. And a trip to Dallas to see his best buds Eric & Cory.
Well, I think that catches us all up for now. I promise to be more diligent about posting!




2 comments:
LOVE the Flash pictures of Blake. He is getting to be such a big boy. Miss you!
I can't believe how big Blake is. Thanks for the reminders about this blog. I'll forget otherwise but like to read it when you remind me. :=) And I think pics of Avery pouting would have been adorable.
Post a Comment