Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A perfect day!

So this morning, when I woke up, I just couldn't bare the thought of sitting inside an office all day. So my boss, the wonderful woman she is, said "yes" when I asked her for the day off!

Brian & I packed up the kids and headed to the zoo. It was so much fun. They were both really well behaved and had a great time seeing all the animals. I realized today that Avery is really getting to be a big girl. She was full of excitement and we didn't have to worry about her running off or getting lost. She was really good about staying with us and used really good listening. Blake, on the other hand,
loves to run away. He was in his stroller about 95% of the time.

The sun must have really worn him out because he fell asleep in his stroller around 1:30. We left at 2:45 and he stayed asleep all the way home and into his crib. I had to wake him up at 4:40! I think that is a record nap for him! Avery, on the other hand, only slept 25 minutes in the car and then was ready to go outside and run through the sprinkler with Signe.

Well, back to the real world tomorrow!


Feeding the birds. At one point Blake put his hands on his cheeks and said, "oh dear!" He's a little bit timid with things like that.



This is a TOTAL Avery look!

These girls just love eachother!

5 comments:

Chris, Amy, Lexi, and Alyssa said...

What a perfect day! How fun. Love you guys.

Courtney said...

Oh what a beautiful day to go to the zoo!! Nolan was just asking me if/when we could go to the zoo. I love feeding the birds!

Anonymous said...

Hi - - -What fun at the zoo! Wish I could have been there to see Blake's reaction to the animals.
Can't wait to see you all in just 13 more days.
Love, hugs and kisses,
Nana/G.G.

thespideybc said...

that sounds fun. You know, I don't think I've been to the Zoo since we moved here. Well, unless you count the "Zoo Lights" night. That was fun! Cold, but fun... and probably wouldn't do it again. Did I mention it was cold?

Jenni said...

I know this was a while ago, but I have been blog slacking! We should take all the kids to the zoo together one of these days.