Friday, September 5, 2008

Blake Turns One!

I can't believe our little baby is one year old already. Where did this year go? Blake's 1st birthday was last Sunday. We had a big BBQ for him at our house and I think he had a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone that made it over in the middle of your Labor Day weekend.

Blake now weighs 22 lbs. and is 31 inches long. That's a HUGE change from the little 8 lb., 19 inch baby that we brought home from the hospital 1 year ago!

He is beginning to use words more & more every day. His vocabulary now consists of about 10 "words". He says things that sound like: Mama, Dada, banana, "Avery", diaper, no, Popi, Nani/Nana, and ball. He knows what a duck, cat & cow say, but doesn't tell us consistantly. He is different than Avery in that he would much rather climb, destroy and conqure all physical activities, than learn language and read books. He also has never even looked at the TV. Even when we try to get him to watch a Baby Einstein movie, he could care less. I guess that's a good thing though.

Here are some photos from his big day.

The sports themed cupcakes that I made.
Opening presents
Yummy Cake!

And here is the link to his 12th month photoshow!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Watching him eat that cake was hilarious. Does he beg for sugar now that he has been introduced? And who is sitting behind him on the couch--those are cute shoes!

Chris, Amy, Lexi, and Alyssa said...

Impressive work on the cupcakes! I'm proud of you. How can it be that he is already one?

sheila said...

Doesn't it freak you out how fast time goes. Maybe you need to have more kids and see if it slows down. (It doesn't-- I have learned this from experience) Happy Birthday to Blake! I have been playing bolg catch up and just read your last 8 posts! I will do the tag hopefully later today, otherwise it has to wait until next Wednesday.