Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Slowing down

Gosh, 1 week goes by since I last blogged and I can't believe it's been that long. Things are definitely starting to slow down for us since the summer is over. We all got that bad flu bug that's been going around, some more than others...Blake got sick last Wednesday. He threw up 4 times and has had really gross diapers for days. Avery had an upset tummy on Thursday, wouldn't eat anything & slept all day, but never puked. I thought Brian & I had escaped it, but on Saturday, he had an upset tummy and then in the middle of the night, I threw up! All day Sunday I couldn’t move. It sucked! I hope we didn’t infect anyone else, but who knows... I think I may get the flu shot for the first time this year. I don't want to do that again!
Anyway, we celebrated Brian's birthday with family on Saturday evening. We made Kalua Pork in the crock pot. You just cook a pork shoulder or pork butt for like 15 hours and the shred it up and serve it on buns or rolls. It's so yummy! And of course we had his favorite, pumpkin pie, for dessert. Happy 32nd birthday baby, we love you!


Riding on the lawnmower with Popi
Opening presents
Cheeeeeeeeeese!
Too cute!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I didn't know it was his birthday! Which day was it. I noticed the party and wondered what you were celebrating. That is too funny that our birthdays are so close and Rob and Brian's birthdays are too. Rob's was the 4th.

Anonymous said...

I love it when I click on my
favorites and find you have added
to your blog. I'm so sorry you
were all sick. But do get the
flu shot. I got mine yesterday.
I've had one every year I've
lived here and have never had a
bad flu bug. They give them free
at most hospitals. Looking forward
to seeing you on Halloween and be-
ing there for Avery's B'day on Sat.