Sunday, October 19, 2008

Catching up

So as soon as I say, "things are slowing down," they speed right back up again. After the yucky flu left our house, we took it easy for a few days, and then we got to work. It seemed as though the fall hit really fast. We had plants & trees to cut back, bulbs to plant, a boat to winterize and get into the garage and misc. yard/house chores to get done before the bad weather set in. Last Saturday (not yesterday, but 8 days ago) we worked outside a lot. The kids were great that day and let us get a lot done. We picked the last of our apples off the apple tree, planted our spring bulbs, and Brian mowed the lawn.

On Sunday, I had to leave at noon to fly to North Carolina for a business trip. I was there Sunday - Wednesday. It was great to be with my co-workers in person, but I missed the family. Brian & the kids had lot of fun visiting with friends and playing with the neighbors while I was gone.

Last night we finally got to do a "cold weather" camp fire. Some of our neighbors came over and we roasted hot dogs & marshmellows and had a nice time by the warmth of the fire. (Too bad I fogot to take any pictures...)

Well, although we don't really have anything planned, I'm sure this week will bring more busy times as usual. I'll try to post about something interesting soon.




3 comments:

Jenni said...

Cute pictures. And life never really slows down, does it? If it did, we would probably get bored!

sheila said...

Look at how much of a little man Blake is! What a handsome guy. Life NEVER gets any slower as your kids grow up. Your job is just to make sure that it doesn't go by too fast!

Chris, Amy, Lexi, and Alyssa said...

Isn't fall a great time to be outside with your kids. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Blake is such a big boy now. Love you all.