The first weekend in March we headed down to Mom & Dad's place in Ocean Park, WA for a weekend with some good friends. It was actually pretty good weather on Saturday, so we got to play on the sand, put our feet (or if your Blake, your waist) in the water, walk around town, go to the arcade, have lunch and play some more! A great time was had by all.


The second weekend was the Shamrock Run in Portland. Our friends from Wenatchee came over to run it with us. We had yummy home made sushi (thanks Dan!) on Saturday night and ran 8K (approx. 5 miles) on Sunday morning. It was COLD down there and very crowded, so we only hung out long enough to get our free beer & salmon chowder and hopped on the Max to get back home.The third weekend, Brian's new K9, Leonidas, came to live with us. We call him Leo for short, which also stands for Law.Enforcement.Officer. He has proved to be a very good dog so far. Not a lot of barking, and he is really friendly with us and the kids. Brian started his 10 weeks of training with Leo on April 5th, and they are getting to be good partners already!
Saturday of the last weekend in March was really warm and sunny. Avery and her best friend/neighbor Signe asked me if they could do a lemonade stand. We got them all set-up with a table, lemonade, cups and a sign "25 cents". The first car that drove by was waved down with shouting and yelling, "LEM-ON-ADE!" I think he bought some because he was scared. After a quick marketing lesson, the girls got the hang of it and stayed out there for about 2 1/2 hours. Their earnings for such hard work... $12.50! No, they didn't sell 50 cups of lemonade, we have very generous neighbors who pay extra for the cuteness!

Sunday of that same weekend was the Fort Vancouver Run. Brian ran this one too, but this race marked 1 year of running for me. Last March it was my first race ever. I ran the 5k with a pace of 11:27 per mile and this year I ran the 10k with a pace of 9:18! I am quite proud of that improvement!
Hopefully I can post about April before it's over :)

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great month! I am so impressed with your time improvement on your running! You go girl!
Love reading your blog,
~Jen
Your consistency with running is motivating me. I need to try and workout for more than six months of the year. This year I am already behind since I generally start up the exercising in Feb or March. I better get cracking!
Nice update! Love you guys and I agree...you are a rockstar runner!
Post a Comment